When you crave brownie and cheese cake what you do is you go to the kitchen remember to keep the Ingredients out a couple hours before and experiment with recipes till you get what works for you bestI wanted something not too heavy. Are we talking about cheesecake brownie? Yes. But most recipes I found were pretty rich.
After a couple of tries I found what worked best.
These I baked to take to a friends place for a girls get-together.
While we polished it off we actually sat in silence enjoying every bit of the chocolaty cheesecakey goodness.
For the brownie mix
|Dark chocochips||200 gms|
|Butter -unsalted||150 gms|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
For the cheese cake mix
|Cream cheese||200 gms|
All ingredients should be of room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 175 C.
Grease and line a brownie tin.
- To first make the brownie mix melt butter and chocolate together in a pan. I do it over the stove top making sure the heat is pretty low and it shouldn’t burn. You could do it over a double boiler.
- As soon as the chocolate melts add the sugar turn off the heat and stir till the sugar dissolves. At this point the pan shouldn’t be on any heat surface.
- Add in egg one by one and stir really quick so you don’t have any scrambled eggs because of the residual heat… We wouldn’t want that. Continue with the other two eggs.
- Then finally fold in the flour. And vanilla essence. Mix in well so we don’t have any blobs of white flour peaking out from the bottom.
- Now we keep 1/4th of the batter in a bowl and pour the rest and spread on to the tin.
Now the cheesecake mix
- Soften the cream cheese in a bowl with either a electric hand whip or a stand mixer… this is a small portion so hand whip should do.
- Add in the sugar and continue to whip it till its smooth and soft .
- Add in the egg and mix in well.
- A touch of vanilla essence.
Now to assemble the mix
Alternatively put the cheese cake batter and the brownie mix we reserved with a spoon on the brownie pan till all used up. With a tooth pick swirl it around. You will have a nice marble effect.
Now bake for 25 mins and check the top should be set. If needed depending on the oven can bake for further 5 mins . Make sure not to over bakeit.
And just let it rest … if you can . Its easy to slice the brownie if left overnight in the fridge.
Just let it reach room temperature to serve.